1968-72 Oldsmobile Cutlass Classic Update Wiring Kit
From American Auto Wire
The Classic Update Series gives you the most complete kits on the market to “Make Wiring
THAT Easy”. They are designed for specific year, make, and model configurations.
The 1968-1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Classic Update Kit is no exception. The kit boasts 12 features making it the
most complete system of its type in the industry including:
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on harness.
- A replacement headlight switch with internal 25-amp circuit breaker, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob.
- Fuse box designed to fit in original location with no mods to the firewall. All required hardware supplied. New ATO fuse panel allows for easy fuse and circuit breaker accessibility. Harness is laid out and formed to allow for nearly all after market accessories such as; gauge packages, wiper systems, heat and air conditioning systems, etc.
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into the stock column or most aftermarket steering columns. Can also be mated to other columns using the adapter and terminals included in the kit.
- Separate under dash courtesy lamp assemblies are also included for use along with your original dome/interior lighting feeds.
- Instrument Cluster wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy service and assembly. Original terminals and connector that will plug into the original gauge cluster (an American Autowire exclusive) are provided. The system will also connect to most popular aftermarket gauges such as DAKOTA DIGITAL, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, AUTOMETER, VDO, and others.
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness at the main bulkhead disconnect location, and our longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires. Rear body wiring includes backup light lead wires and connectors along with stop and tail light lead wires and connectors. License plate lamp lead connection, as well as the fuel tank sender lead connection is also included.
- Original style lamp sockets and side markers for rear lamps are included.
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation. Wire length and connection accommodate original floor mount dimmer switch.
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, tach, water temperature, oil pressure, electric choke, and electric speedometer (if needed). A heavy gauge alternator feed and fusible link are also included for any typical high output 1 wire or internally regulated alternator. Connectors supplied for power and tach leads for GM style H.E.I. distributors along with various oil and temp senders.
- Front lighting includes extra long leads that can be routed for stock or optional appearances. All headlight, parking light, and directional light leads, along with a switched trigger wire for an electric fan relay (usually recommended with AC) are provided. Mating terminals and connectors are also provided.
- New parking lamp socket and side marker lamp sockets are also included.