2 ½” I.D. Variable Rate Springs
- Available in 10” and 12” free lengths, QA1 offers an assortment of rates of variable rate springs. With a silver powder coated finish, QA1’s variable rate springs are made with the highest quality materials. QA1 springs are strong, consistent, have a long life and lifetime guaranteed to remain within 2% original free height and rate under normal operating conditions.
- Variable rate springs help compensate for weight changes better than linear rate springs.
- Chrome Silicon Steel (CrS)
- All QA1 springs are manufactured using the highest quality materials for high strength, consistency and long life.
- Cold Wound – Heat Treated – Shot Peened
- All QA1 springs go through intensive manufacturing processes to ensure consistency, accuracy and durability.
- Squared Ends
- All QA1 springs are ground at both ends to ensure straight, consistent and accurate operation.
- Protective Coated
- QA1 springs are silver powder coated for excellent longevity and the ultimate in appearance.
- Lengths and Rates Marked
- All QA1 springs are clearly marked with the free length of the spring and spring rate for quick and easy identification.
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE
- All QA1 springs are lifetime guaranteed to remain within 2% original free height and rate under normal operating conditions.
An example of how a variable rate spring works:
Linear rate 12 inch spring – 130 lbs. per inch
Every inch of compression adds another 130 lbs.
1” = 130 lbs.
2” = 260 lbs.
3” = 390 lbs.
Variable rate 12 inch spring – 130 /250
In the same amount of travel, the spring rate picks up an additional 90 lbs. of resistance.
The spring gets progressively stiffer as it is compressed.
1” = 130 lbs.
2” = 290 lbs.
3” = 480 lbs.
If you don't see the size or rate range you need, give us a call and we will help you get what you want.